Sometimes doing the less obvious is fun. Therefore, after visiting the Taj Mahal and the Agra Fort,we decided to enjoy other activities. Mainly because we did not want our baby to be overly tired and we wanted him to have fun. So here is a short list of things which can be done apart from visiting the famous historical structures which Agra has:
- Engage in a puppet show. There were many traditional puppet shows in Agra. As these shows are not at a premium scale, they let us try our hand on the puppet too. It was fun for our little one as he was happily engaged in the puppets.
- Taking ride on the horse cart. Its super fun for the kids as they love watching the galloping horse. Also, it lets you imagine the historic set up which the city offers.
- Watching the musical love story of Shah Jahan and Mumtaz Mahal at the Kalakriti Cultural & Convention Center.
- Taking a boat ride in the Yamuna. But be sure to ascertain the condition of the boats as many seem to be broken.
- Shopping at the popular Sadar Bazar. You get extremely beautiful leather shoes at reasonable rates. We bought our son’s first leather shoes from here. Its best to go in the evening when there are no cars allowed.
- Your trip to Agra is not complete without indulging in the famous Agra ka petha. Petha is available all over Agra and the Panchi brand is particularly popular. It also makes for a great gift from Agra for your friends & family back home.